EP2: A ton of coffee and feeling good (Launch Week)
Want to <a href="http://buildandlaunch.net">Build & Launch</a> your own thing? Join <a href="http://justinjackson.ca">Justin Jackson</a> as he launches a new product every week. Listen and learn from his wins and misses, and get motivated to ship your own SaaS, mobile app, ebook, or other digital project.
Want to help make Build & Launch a success? Subscribe, and leave a review in iTunes!
For the podcast’s launch week, he’s doing 5 mini episodes on what it takes to build and launch a podcast. Today’s episode: start now and start small.
“Before you run out and buy a bunch of gear, record something now! You don’t need a fancy mic to start practicing.”
How to record your first podcast
- Find the Voice Memos app on your iPhone
- Choose a topic you’d like to talk about (see yesterday’s episode)
- Write out an outline for a short 5-10 minute episode
- Open up the Voice Memos app and record your episode!
- Repeat over and over again: practice recording that same episode dozens of times
- Send Justin your mini-episode: firstname.lastname@example.org
Launch week: How to make a podcast
Episode 1: Choosing a topic (yesterday’s episode)
Episode 2: Record your first episode (this episode)
Episode 3: Podcasting equipment
Episode 4: Recording, interviewing, editing
Episode 5: Launching and promoting
- Voice memos on the iPhone
- Nate Kontny
- Gumroad’s 30 Day Challenge
- Justin Jackson’s newsletter
- Follow Justin on Twitter: @mijustin
- This week’s cover photo by drestwn
Podcast hosting + stats by Simplecast.fm